Wednesday 15 October 2014

The Potato Man - Mindil Market

Potatoes are a huge weakness of mine. It's true. It's a versatile little tuber that has a million and one uses. Truth be told I take issue with those folks in the days of old who thought the potato was only good for pig feed. I tell you if there ever was a people who were downright crazy it's them!

As I was recently strolling through the Mindil Market I was lost in my thoughts that maybe man has indeed gone as far as we can with what we can create with a potato. That's when I spotted The Potato Man! There his stall sat with his team working like a busy bunch of scientists working in a magical potato laboratory creating wonders I can only dream about!

I tell ya… it's like finding the Willy Wonka of potatoes.

The Potato Man himself was unable to join me on camera. Luckily one of his entrusted assistants was kind enough to spill some of their secrets on the art of potato preparation.


Mmmmm. If it's that messy it's got to be good! Click to embiggen!
The folks at The Potato Guy really know how to make a baked potato into something even more exceptional. They have a range of toppings that go from the classics such as sour cream, cheese, and different kinds of butter (regular or garlic), and a range of hot toppings such as bolognaise, chilli con carne, bacon, and baked beans. Cold toppings include dry slaw, beetroot, pineapple, chives, and lots of cheese!

My party and I tucked into a pile of baked potato slathered in bolognaise, sour cream, and cheese. Boy was that great! Two or three people could easily share a large dish together. It definitely filled us up and it was hugely satisfying.

I'm eager to go back to The Potato Man and try the Chili con carne topping. I certainly always have room for potato!

Have you followed us on Facebook? You'll be awful glad you did! http://www.facebook.com/TomNomNomDarwin

1 comment: