Wednesday 15 October 2014

Gourmet Sushi - Mindil Market


I'm a recent convert to sushi. For years I have been of the understanding that sushi consists entirely of raw fish and that's about it. Not being the biggest fan of fish in the world I always given sushi a pass. Since moving to Darwin my eyes have been opened to the large variety offered in the world of sushi. I was especially happy to learn about what Di and her team was doing at Gourmet Sushi at the Mindil Beach Markets.

Di has been doing something unique with sushi and putting her own spin on the dish. The first thing I noticed about her range of sushi was all the unusual colours. Among the favourites we have like avocado and chicken there are also new ingredients like pumpkin, kangaroo, crocodile, barramundi, and sweet potato!

I had a little talk with Di where she told me a little bit more on what they are all about at Gourmet Sushi!


Di prepared for us two different varieties of her gourmet sushi. One was rolled with quinoa, sweet potato, onion, marmalade, and feta cheese. The other contained avocado, roasted pumpkin, capsicum and pepitas. This second sushi also contained a mixture of brown and black rice.

I've never had sushi quite like this before and I was quite amazed at how much flavour was bursting out with each bite. Di and her team are truly doing something unique and special here and I can't wait to try out some of their other dishes. If you are out at Mindil Market I would highly recommend stopping by Gourmet Sushi and trying out some of these unique dishes.

Have you followed us on Facebook yet? Of course you have! In case you haven't you can find us at http://www.facebook.com/TomNomNomDarwin

No comments:

Post a Comment